Does menstruation affect the count of RBC and puss cell in urine ?

i had my urinalysis last March 25 and the result is there was 8-18 pus cells and protein + then i was given Cotrimoxazole 800-160 mgs 2x for 7days,,but i was surprised because when i had my repeat urinalysis on the 5th of April, the result was pus cells= 8-12 hpf and rbc= 1-2. Again i was given a new antibiotic Ofloxacin 200mg twice a day for 3 days. It s too disappointing that the result is still the same with the higher rbc=3-6. What does it mean? does meanstruation affects the result of pus cells or the rbc only? Please help me..Thanks a bunch. your reply is highly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011