Does melmet cause sweating and weakness ?

Hi doctor I am given Melmet 500 when my sugar levels are fasting 109 and random varies between 210 to 240. I am 55 76kg 5 1. Ever since I started this medicine I feel very very weak and get excess sweating occasionally during the day. Is this normal.. Please advice.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Aug 2011
Diabetologist 's  Response
Your symptoms could also be due to excess sugars, which cross 200 frequently. I believe once your sugars come within normal limits, you will definitely feel better. Give this some time...some tweaking in medications is needed. You will definitely feel fine.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You are probably having low blood sugar because of over medication. You should get chance of dose by your Doctor. Avoid sweet food, rice, dosa, idli, fried, junk, fatty food. Eat plenty of dals, fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Get your FBS and PPBS checked once more and consult your Doctor about these problems.