Does light spotting and delayed periods indicate pregnancy ?

hi. i am 25 and am having irregular periods since a couple of months. it starts with negligible spotting for the first two days and then the regular flow starts. but this month i just had the spotting and no regular flow. i have had sex with my husband 2 months back and since then he is out of station. the last month i had spotting for 2 days and then abrupt flow on the third day. this month i m having just the spotting. am i pregnant?? or its something else? should i be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Aug 2011

welcome to healthcare magic forum
you need to consult gynecologist
i dont think you are pregnant but you need to do some hormonal test as you have hormonal imbalance
it may be due to thyroid or ovarian problem
hormonal pills will work well

i hope i answered your question
General & Family Physician Dr. Jyoti Patil's  Response

Thanks for posting the query.

I understand your concern.

Your menstrual irregularity could be due to hormonal imbalance.

As you said you had your periods last month, it is unlikely that you are pregnant.

But If you want to confirm for your satisfaction, you can do the urine pregnancy test at home. Kit is easily available in the pharmacy.

I would suggest you to meet the gynecologist to regularize your cycles.

Hope I have answered your query well.

Wishing you a very good health.

Dr. Jyoti Patil.