Does lack of physical movement cause back pain ?

I am 29. Working as a software engineer, i generally get back pain . Is it because i dont have much physical movemnt ?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
lack of exercises and faulty sitting posture may be the reason of back ache
ask for ergonomic chairs in office and get simple stretching exercises [office exercises]in between find 30 mts for work outs at home or gym
if back ache is troublesome consult orthopaedic surgeon
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
welcome to hcm
since your work might be involving lot of time sitting in front of the computer u hv to take care of your posture
try placing a lumbar roll behind your lower back
try hot water fomentation
dont be sedentary frequently get up walk around or so
little physical activity is imp.
try out static back and abs exercises
Diabetologist Dr. Sudharshan's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,
Since ur software engineer sitting long time in front of computers may be the reason, posture of ur sitting also matters, take break in between every 30 mins do some strecthing, dont life heavy wt, avoid riding 2 wheelers for few days, no sudden bending and turning, take hot fomentation, sleep on flat and hard surface, start exercise.
Do this for a week, if no improvement then consult ur doctor for further treatment.
Hope I have answered ur question,