Does it cause any harm to baby when I have high TSH even while on thyronorm if I'm pregnant ?

I am 31 yrs old & I have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months. I was diagnosed with thyroid problem . My TSH count then was 20+. Within a month of consuming Thyronorm 50mcg, my TSH was under control. My doctor recommended me to continue thyronorm as I was also planning on pregnancy. This month I sensed mild spotting around my ovulation period(14 days to next period). I am hoping it could be implantation bleeding & awaiting anxiously to do a HPT after 2 weeks. In the mean time I thought it is necessary to check my TSH level now. Unfortunately even with thyronorm, my TSH level is higher- 8.6uIu/ml. I have taken an appointment with my Gynaec for later this week. However can t control my anxiety for 2 reasons- Can I be pregnant? If yes, am I harming the baby with my current Thyroid level? Can you help?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011