Does internal anal sphincter supposed to open or not ?

when i put my hands very close to my anal sphincters and pull away ( as if im trying to open the hole) the internal sphincter parts a little little little bit. the hole widens almost 1/4 of a milimeter. is this supposed to happen? or is the internal anal sphincter not supposed to open even a little bit??
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
its the anal reflex you are are unknowingly eliciiting ....see the sphincers are supposed to open & close according to the nerve stimuli ...they are controlled by sympathetic / parasyympathetic nervous systems as well as by local arc reflexes .. u r stimulting the skin by putting the hands & the stimulus then goes thru skin receptors to spinal cord which inturn signals to open it accordingly.