Does intake of steroids while planning for a baby cause genetic issues and result in abnormal baby ?

My husband is suffering from Protein loss so doctor has prescribed 60mg of Wysolone(steriods) , he is taking steriods from past 3 weeks, we are planning for a baby, will this cause any genetic issues in baby? is it safe to have a baby when he is on steriods dosage .. We have heard it causes genetic issues and can result in abnormal babies is it true?
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011
Welcome to health care magic forum
father consumption of steroids don`t harm baby ,but mothers consumption definitely harm baby.
Wish you good health