Does having intercourse cause problem to placenta on the anterior side covering canal ?

hello doctor ,i am 26 yrs old,157cm,63kg.its my 11th week nw.during my 7th week my us scan said placenta on the anterior side covering the canal.wil that lead to any major problems later?is it safe to have sex nw?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
This is called placenta preavia.There is high chances of bleeding now.Do not have sex and dont do any work.You need to have regular scans to determine whether you placenta has 'migrated'.Consult your doctor before having sex.