Does eating papaya affect pregnancy ?

hi Doctor .. im 27 years old male. we are planning for pregnancy . will my diet (papaya fruit) have any negative impact on pregnancy chances?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
hi welcome to not a tall papya which is good for health onyhe contrary its helps in your without worry you can eat papya.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
In India there is belief that during pregnancy papita fruit should not be taken.probable thinking is this,due to it's purgative property it may give rise to abortion.
One can take papita,there is no harm taking before or after pregnancy.
There is no negative impact on pregnancy.
ok and bye.