Does doxylag contain cortisone ?

Dear doctor i was diagnosed with Rosacea so my doctor gave me medicine named (doxylag) does it contain cortisone and is it good
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Doxylag contains doxicyclin ,its a antibiotic and has good effect in rosacea too.It is not a steroid and can be taken safely for long.Steroids are contraindicated in rosacea and in-fact it can aggravate rosacea.

There are other options for rosacea too like tacrolimus cream, metronidazole oint ,oral retinoids etc.
One thing which you should always use is a good spf sunscreen daily thrice.