Does cramping last for days during breastfeeding ?

I have had 4 periods since I have slowed in nursing my baby. When I ovulate, I cramp for 3-5 days. Everything I have read says you will only cramp for a day maybe two. If that is the case why am I cramping so much? Is it just my body getting back into the swing of things or is there something else going on? I have not stopped nursing yet and my baby is almost 14 months. Do you think the cramping will go away when I ween him?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Dear welcome to HealthcareMagic!
Pain induced by ovulation or Mittelschermz is usually 24-36 hrs duration. Cramping for 3-5 days is too long and should be investigated. It may may also depend on whether you had earlier this problem.