Does chemo help in preventing stomach virus ?

i have had 8 weeks of chemo and now i am getting stomach virus that has went through my house last week.will the chemo help prevent it?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011
Hi,thanks for query.Chemotherapy is specifically targeted to cancer cells,which are rapidly multiplying.It can not kill virus.It will only in the area of body where there are this kind of rapidly multiplying cancer cells are present.For stomach infection you need to take treatment.bye.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
In Chemotherapy for Cancer your immunity tends to be depressed. Be careful as you may have increased chance of infection. Follow proper hand washing before eating meals and also consume fresh fruits and vegetables. In case you develop sudden vomiting, feve, kindly visit your Doctor.