Does anyone suffer from palpitations (skipped beats) with a heart rate ?

Does anyone suffer from palpitations (skipped beats) with a heart rate that is not rapid? I have taken the nuclear stress test because of palpitations and a rapid heart rate that showed up on an EKG. I was on 25mg of Toprol before that. The doctor said the test was normal but my resting heart rate is fast. He increased the Toprol to 100mg. My heartrate is not always fast and I tried to tell him that but he stood firm. Now, I still feel the palpitations but with a much slower heartrate - in the 70 s. I am an anxious person - esp. when it comes to my health. I am also doing an endoscopy tomorrow and wonder if it will be safe with the palpitations. My palpitations seemed to be worse after eating but now since I ve been anxious, they come and go and it makes me more anxious esp. since I ve increased my medication. If someone is experiencing similar symptoms, please let me know so that I may start to calm down somewhat. Please give serious answers only since I am already very anxious about my health. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009