Does anyone know about strokes ?

My grandfather has had 3 strokes this year, the last one was over this weekend, and he is lost feeling in his leg. The doctor says there isn t anything they can do about it, that he s just going to keep having them until one finally kills him. I was wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this. Is there really nothing they can do about it ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
If his strokes are caused by blood clots, he can take coumadin to help prevent them. Also plavix has been used to prevent blood clots. If he has plaque in his carotid arteries causing the strokes, they can be cleaned out but there is some risk involved. If he has high blood pressure which contributes to strokes, that can be controlled. Some strokes are caused by bleeding in the brain but more serious and usually fatal.