Does any one get white patches by heridity ??

One of my cousine is getting married to a person whose mom has white patches... If she gets married to him will it affect her children....?? Does any one get white patches by heridity ?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jan 2010
yes white patches can be transmitted by heridity. it is not necessary that all the children will be affected with white patches. the chances are very less, now a days there is lot of new treatment like PUVA theraphy. in that the patches will heal. for me it has worked wonders and now i have no patches. but the treatment is very lengthy.
  Anonymous's Response

Someimes yes, Vitiligo can run in families. But if the patches are due to some vitamin deficiency then it can be cured.