Does an ultrasound in 21st week reveal if it is twins and will they inform me ?

I had an ultrasound done at an emergency room bc my side was hurting. i am pregnant and was 21 weeks at the time of the ultrasound. the woman that done the ultrasound let my sister take pictures of the same ones that the lady did. well in one picture there is 2 babies. Will they tell you if you are having twins at an emergency room? can you miss a second baby? Is this twins?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
May 2013
if at all you are having twins they will definitely inform you as woman with twin pregnancy have to take some extra precautions during pregnancy,
sometimes while doing ultrasound when baby moves you may count the body parts twice and interpret as twins,
so if you are still having doubt regarding that you consult your regular gynecologist and undergo ultrasound which will clarify the doubt.
take care.