Does a white spot on the leg which does not cure after medication mean vitiligo ?

White spot on the leg (just below knee ) of 6 yearls old boy Hi, about one month back, I noticed one small almost round white spot on my 6 years old son (weight 20 Kg). The spot is about 3mm in diameter and the hair on that spot are black. We consulted one dermatologist who diagnosed it as hypopigmentation . He prescribed applying Sternon ointment on the spot twice a day (moring and evening), and using Hydrate bath soap and Venusia moisturiser on the entire body for ONE MONTH. I am following this prescription since 26 July 2011 (for the last 9 days) and haven t notice any change in the spot. Please advice us what shall we do. is it vitiligo and will spread on his entire body? I am really worried about my son. Please advice. Our family has no history of vitiligo in any of our family members.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011