Does a person with thalassemia minor suffer frequent cuts on the lips ?

Hello, I am 37 years old female. Apart from minor thallesimia, I have no other serious health problems. For some years now the skin on my lower lip becomes very dry and peels off. It becomes more severe as my menstruation date nears ,sometimes cuts develop on my lower lip esp when I peel off the dry skin .I feel very thirsty and drink lots of water and apply lip balm but still my lower lip is mostly dry and the skin on it peels most of the time. Please advice.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jan 2012