Does a brownish discharge in missed periods indicate pregnancy in a person trying to conceive ?

Hi I m a 23 years old married female. Actually me and my husband is trying to start a family. This month I missed my period missed in a sense that 4 dayz before my period was due I saw a brownish discharge I though it was my period but it wasnt like the period I use to have before it continued for 7 dayz with few traces of blood at times I had unprotected sex during my ovulation day and day before that. I was wondering what it could be?
Asked On : Thu, 5 May 2011