Does Norethisterone 5mg affect my ovulation phase & when should I stop taking it ?

Hello i just take Norethisterone 5mg for irregular period. In the same time i m planning to get pregnant . Does it effect anything ? I m planning to get pregnant till February 2011. At the same time I ve overdue cycle period for 42 days (till February). So that, doctor advised to take Norethisterone 5mg 2 weeks after last period (3rd July 2011, my first day for last period). Does it effect my ovulation phase ? How do i know my ovulation phase?. and when i need to stop to take it. I m just worried if the medicine effect my ovulation phase. TQ
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Once your period becomes regular your Doctor will ask you to stop the medicine and then try for pregnancy. You cannot get ovulation when you are taking this drug. If you plan for pregnancy you need to consult with your Doctor and get appropriate changes done as necessary.
hi welcome to health care magic.see norethisterone (5mg) is for regulate your periods. it support your pregnancy so no need to worry about it and take till your doc advice.see if you have regular period then ovulation occurs at 14th day of your last period date,and many method to measure it first you buy basal body thermometer and notice your tem daily it should be increased during ovulation periods.then another your cervical mucous change during ovulation periods .it is the best time to all the best in your planing.