Does Microgynon 30 cause light periods with brown discharge not normal bleeding ?

Hi I have been on Microgynon 30 for about 7 years with no problems. However, over the last 6 months, my periods have become extremely light and all I have now is a brown discharge for a couple of days rather than normal bleeding . I am due to stop taking Mycrogynon as my partner and I want to try for a baby but I am worried that there may be something wrong. Please can you advise? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
it is not uncommon for someone who has used birth control pills for a long time to have very light periods, or Ben no periods at all. there is nothing dangerous about this, and it will not affect your ability to have a baby after you stop the pills.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.