Does IVDP between l4-l5 cause any problem ?

My sister has suffering from ivdp between l4-l5
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Hello and welcome to health care magic!!
it means that the intervertebral disc that is the disc between two bones in the spinal cord which acts like a cushion has been displaced and has been pushed out it can lead to compression of the nerve root which is exiting through the concerned area.
It is better that she take adequate rest, make sure no stressful work lifting heavy objects sudden bending and also she can take muscle relaxants and undergo physiotherapy you can consult a spinal surgeon or an orthopaedician to see if the condition requires surgery.