Does Edwards syndrome pass it to babies through genes? Took adderall and suboxen for abortion

hi Dr.Christensen, i live in mass and my friend said she had a miscarriage at 16 weeks (she had a abortion months ago and didnt tell the father because the father was born with edwards syndrome and was born with no softspots so he has a flat face and is crosseyed) he is a dear friend she takes a obscence amount of adderall and suboxen and my question is can they tell from a 16 week fetus if it would have the same condition.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013