Does Beta hemolytic streptocoocus group C light growth mean that I have streps?

What does this test result mean, does it mean I have strep? : Result 1 : BETAGC - Beta hemolytic Streptococcus group C - Light growth - Penicillin and ampicillin are drugs of choice for treatment of - beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections. Susceptibility testing of - penicillins and other beta-lactam agents approved by the FDA for - treatment of beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections need not be - performed routinely because nonsusceptible isolates are extremely - rare in any beta-hemolytic streptococcus and have not been reported - for Streptococcus pyogenes (group A). (CLSI 2011)
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012