Doctor has advised a hysterectomy. is there an alternative solution?

hi i m a 46 years old female. uterus is normal in size and measures 6x4.2x5.4 cms. there are small hypoechoic intramural anterior wall fibroids measuring 1.4x1.4 cms and 1.2x1.2 cms. no distorton to the to the endometrial echo. right ovary shows unechoic cyst measuring 6.8x6.5 cms with multiple thin internal septations. no solid component is seen. left ovary is normal. my doctor has advised a hysterectomy. is there an alternative solution? please advise.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011