Do you think I need to see a psychologist for this?

Do you think I need to see a psychologist for this? This happens a few times a week. I am sitting at the computer looking through local news or google news and then I see information about a car accident. Of course, being the idiot I am, I click on the link which gives information about the car crash and information on the victims. Of course, the victims are usually in my age range. 15-21. I look at the victims pictures and go into deep though. Wow, did they know they were going to die at that last second? They don t look like the type of people to die. Did they get hurt? Were they well known? Usually, at this time it s about 10:30-11:00. I of course become ridden with anxiety and don t go to bed for another 3 hours. I can t even go to the college I want because of the fear of car accidents. I was going to go visit a college a few days ago with my mom, I told her I wanted to go to a college here, which was a lie. I just didn t want to take the risk of dying on the interstate to the cities. I just have this feeling I m going to see someone, know someone or be in a gruesome car accident. I can t watch local news anymore because I don t want there to be anything about car accidents. Especially about highschoolers in my area. I just wish people cared more about how they drive! Drive for yourself and others. I don t want to be split in half.
Asked On : Sat, 8 May 2010

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

With your description it is clear that you are some form of anxiety disorder. It may be generalized anxiety disorder, OCD or phobia.

These disorders are best treated with combination of CBT (cognitive behavior therapy) and medicines. Help from psychiatrist and psychologist will definitely help you.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
eashishmittal@gmail.com