Do tampons make you bleed more ?

ok so i just started using them and ive been doing some research on them but ive read many things online and i just want to see which ones are real and which ones are not.. first of all i want to know if its true that using tampons make you bleed and and if its safe to use them.. Ive read many different stories and most of them scare me lol so i just want some advice, please help =] thanks
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
I'm a nurse: Tampons don't make you bleed more; it might seem like it at first, because they have a tendancy to make your "loosen up" so you might feel a gush if your just now using them for the first time. They are compeltly safe, if you don't leave them in there for an extended period of time. Don't believe everything you see on the internet, and if your really that worried, I would talk to your OB/GYN; they can tell you what would be best for your body type.