Do studies show gallbladder removal reduce heart disease?

do studies show gallbladder removal reduce heart disease? thanks, immortal mortal
Asked On : Mon, 2 May 2011
Hi mike;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
No removal of gall bladder does not reduce heart disease also the removal of gall bladder does not create colon disease.After removal of gall bladder some people do complain of acidity or indigestion.
Thanks
General Surgeon Dr. Mitesh R. Trivedi's  Response
Gall bladder removal does not have any effect on heart disease or colon disease.
General Surgeon Dr. Paul Anant's  Response
Hello.
There have been some studies which have been published by the American journal of gastroenetrology which has shown that the removal of gall bladder actually increases the risk of colon cancer. However in theory this can be proven due to the increase amount of bile in the intestine which makes the intestine wall more prone to chemical injury and causing symptoms of diarrhea and acidity. However the experts also recommend that this should not be a factor in determining whether to remove the gall bladdder.