Do severe non-menstrual related cramps equal to pregnancy ?

For the past three days (since Sunday the 7th) I've been experiencing severe cramps, kind of like menstrual/ovulation cramps. Except with these it hasn't gone away at all, and every now and then I just get a huge stabbing pain and it hurts so bad I want to throw up. It's very tender and I can't press on my lower stomach without having pain. My last period ended on Thursday the 25th and started on Monday the 22nd. It usually lasts longer but I took Plan B (condom broke) so I think that affected the length. I'm not on birth control and my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on Thursday the 4th, which is around the time I was ovulating. He has never ejaculated inside of me, but I've heard that pre-ejaculate can sometimes have sperm in it. Is there a chance I may be experiencing these cramps because I could be pregnant?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Definitely the crampy pain in pregnancy can be similar to the ones as seen in ovulation or menstruation.. However you may have to consider the possibility of urinary colicky pain that can occur due to urinary tract infection which could also have been secondarily to the unprotected sexual intercourse.. Since you have taken  plan B and the fact that there was no ejaculation, it may be due to the later, then pregnancy alone.. So drink plenty of water and see a doctor if the symptoms have been severe and persisting..

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.