Do people slip back into depression after they are taken off an anti-depressant ?

Do people slip back into depression after they are taken off an anti-depressant? I wonder if i ever will get off? I don t I just hate to take something for the rest of my life to make me happy,... I want to be happy on my own! lol Oh this is gay, Im 19 now i have to take anti-depressants for the rest of my life? I wanted to join the army, now its out of the quesiton b/c i am taking them...that sux Now i just don t feel liike a normal human by taking these pills for that reason? I cannot accept that I am giong to take anti-deppressant pills for 60+ years i feel like taking them was a bad mistake instead of dealing w/ my problems however that was in high school 4-6 years ago where i hated to live each day. I can justify my life for them! I just feel a lot happier now than i ever did, even after my ex left me. I don t know Im taking a low dose of an anti-depressant right now, i don t want to be on it anymore! I just want to be more normal, however i have genetic past of depression in my family, i might as well just live w/ it... I m sad i have to take it...but im happy im not depressed. does that make sense
Asked On : Wed, 5 May 2010