Do mood swings with negative feelings indicate any disorder ?

hi im marivic 22 years old and i just want to consult about my attitude, i dont know if this is a disorder or what?.. i notice this moody personality when i step on college, specially now that i am working and at the same time studying. they say im always moody, sometimes im good,shy, silent but once that i get mad because of something happened i keep on talking that i think i am very perfect and i want them to follow what i want to do,, i stock on my mind those persons who hurt me or make fun about me.. i really hate them that it comes to a point that i want to curse them. they also said that may body and mind was fully negative..
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Hi Marivic..
Let me ask you one thing first...are you fully aware that you are behaving differently at times? if you are then i see you have already crossed half the bridge.
It appears to me that your studying as well as working is taking toll on you. So first begin with taking things one at a time. prioritize your things. make a check list and work accordingly.
begin your day with some form of meditation so that you can have a relaxed and active day. include exercise and healthy diet in your routine.start seeing objectively why you feel angry at people or the situation. try to see the positive side and try to find solutions rather than holding grudges.
if you still feel your behavior is out of your control you may need to see a psychiatrist or a counselor.
take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Hi Marivic,
Thanks for writing in.
Mood swings do constitute a part of a disorder, we commonly called neurosis. This is a condition where a person has symptoms and the person is aware that something is wrong.
The treatment of this condition would require an indepth evaluation by a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
It is possible that you have some unresolved issues and are not comfortable in your skin. Try and identify them. These issues can be trivial or big. Once we have identified them, then we can get down to resolving them one by one.
Hope this helps