Do high calcium levels cause seizures in infants and what should be the relevant treatment ?

my 4 month od nephew has seizures and high calcium help I have a 4 and 1/2 month old nephew when he was 4 days old he started having seizures my sister brought him to the hospital and they did every test an eeg , spinal tap everything and couldnt find anything wrong. They put him on phenobarb and it made them stop. He gained a few pounds and started having more, so they upped his dose again they were going to ween him off at 6 months but, they keep having to up it. The doctors say they dont know whats causing this they ruled out epilepsy , they say that he will probably grow out of it. Today my sister got a call from a doctor saying my nephews calcium levels are high and they wanted to see him immediately. Following that phone call another docor a specialist called back and said not to worry about it. I have looking up high calcium levels in infants and it said that it may cause seizures. My question is could high calcium be the cause and the neurologist wanted to get him checked right away buT, the pediatric doctor said he isnt concerned. what should we do???
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011