Do high TSH levels affect pregnancy and how can TSH levels be lowered ?

I am 29 yrs old, married for 1.75 yrs and planning to start a family. I am diagnosed with TSH value of 5.9 and doc has prescribed Thyonorm 25 for 1 month and recommended to preform TFTs after a month. I am overweight - 5 feet / 59 Kgs so i am planning to start Gym as well to control weight. My question is - while my treatment is on, is it safe to try conceiving or should i wait for TSH value to be in control and then start trying. What diet would you recommend for me...
Asked On : Sat, 27 Aug 2011