Do I need to stay on medication if my blood pressure is normal ?

Do I need to stay on medication if my blood pressure is normal? I have had high blood pressure for years, even with medication it would not go down. Over a year ago I joined Curves for Woman and since my blood pressure has been going down. Two days ago I went to the doctor for the results on the cholesterol test. My blood pressure is now 120 over 68. My doctor tells me I have to stay on medication for the rest of my life. Some time ago I was told by other doctors I could get off meds when it goes down I lose more weight. Who is right. I don t like being on prescriptions for life. I think prescription drugs are dangerous, and am afraid of what the end result will be.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009