Do I need CT scan of abdominal and pelvic area when I don't have any symptoms but my liver levels are high ?

I was referred to a gastroenterologist by my primary care physician . I have seen him 2 times with bloodwork taken. i have no symptoms, but my bloodwork revealed high liver levels The specialist referred me to a CT scan of the abdominal/ pelvic area. do i really need the CT scan - when i don t have any symptoms. He asked me if anyone in my family has had colon cancer - and no one has. I have recently (within the last year) lost 50 pounds intentionly. I took HCG drops through my chiropractor to get the weight loss started.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012