Do I have to take altroxin life long for TSH ?

I am suffering from pcos and A TSH level around 6 or 7. Is my TSH level due to PCOS? i am taking altroxin..
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

No, it MAY not be necessarily required for life long. This depends on how your body responds.

Your TSH levels are not too high. Normal shudbe under 5.5.

Sometimes weight loss, stress removal, yog + pranayaam help reduce TSH.

Homeopathic medication can be taken safely for Hypothytoidism and PCOD.

For further enquires-
Yes I think your TSH levels are high due to PCOS. Please start Eltroxin at the advise of your doctor immediately.
Also get your Fasting Blood Glucose levels and Cholesterol levels checked ?
Is your BP on higher side?
Do you have excessive hair growth??
Contact me anytime at my email
Good Luck!!!
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since you have hypothyroid as your TSH is high you need to take Eltroxin & continue it for some time .Then after a period of time your doctor will advise you to repeat the test if the TSH levels come to normal then he may advise you to stop .Normally in a years time most people respond favorably.Just in few cases where thyroid function does not revert back to normal the medicine needs to be continue.Presently it will be difficult to predict the future course.Start the medicine & hope for the best.