Do I have implantation bleeding or am I experiencing the side-effects of coming off the depo shot ?

my period, or so it seems, doesnt seem normal to me. what else could it be i am 19 goin on 20 in may and im 5 9. I have been on depo for about two years, and my last needle was a month ago in the begining of April but i told my doctor i would like to stop so i didnt get it done. i have had sex about a week or so after that date and a few more times. I got my period, or i think it is my period, after i had sex bout a week ago and then again two days ago. The bleeding was bright red at first and my tampons seemed to get filled to fast. then i put a pad on and i didnt bleed as much. I dont know what spotting is really like or whether i could be the implantation bleeding. It seems that the red is stayin but has a slight difference in color more dark but not to dark. I dont know if i can be pregant or if that is even possible due to i just stopped my needle not to long ago. it could be just my period but it seems to be messing wit my mind. what could it be.
Asked On : Tue, 10 May 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
depo injections are known to cause some irregular bleeding some times
may be you are facing it
chance of pregnancy is less but it is better to consult gynecologist and get a check up