Do I have a heart condition ?

for a couple of weeks ive been noticing that i can feel my beat, even when i dont do anything much. but everytime i measure it, its always normal. and now for the past couple of a days, my left arm starts to hurt, like as if i've been working out and its sore. and the scary part is, when i even think about my heart, my arm starts to hurt. what is this? i havent been sleeping regularly, like i'll go to bed at 2 or 3 in the morning and wake up around 10 or so. but how can i have a heart condition when i've always been on the fast track and other workout machines, thanks alot Bob! but you didnt have to be so rude.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Did you know that women don't have the same heart attack symptoms as men? It's true. You can google "differences in heart attack symptoms between women and men" and come up with a bunch of articles on the subject. I think you should go to the Dr. and get a physical. Tell him your symptoms. Write them all down so you don't forget about some of them.Keep a log that shows you what time you felt the symptom, what you were doing when it started, how long it went on, and when it ended. Also, when you are having heart palpitations, or feel like your heart is beating really loud, try lying down, and do some slow, deep breathing. See if that helps you. If it does, it is probably stress. Maybe your arm hurts because you are leaning on it, and cutting off the circulation. Try massaging your arm and see if the pain subsides.Do stretches, gently. You can also try alternating a heat pack with an ice pack. Don't talk yourself into thinking you are making it all up in your head. There is probably some kind of physical basis for what you are feeling, even if it is not due to a heart condition. Maybe you have a family history of heart disease, and so have a reason to be afraid. I don't know your medical history, but you do. So, if there is a reason to fear heart disease, don't wait another minute. You know that you should check it out. You came on this forum to get validation that you are really OK. You're probably just fine. But, it is important to check it out, to get a good physical, and to take care of yourself. That's my opinion.