Do I have a fever if my usual body temp is around 96.7 F but has jumped to 98.6 F

Do I have a fever if my usual body temp is around 96.7 F but has jumped to 98.6 F? Some people average a low temp- therefore that low temp would be their norm sooo if its higher than usual (I don t take it everyday, but whenever I have its low) wouldn t that mean that they are fighting something off? (B/c it 98.6 has never been their average)
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
yes you have fever as the rise is more than 1 degree above your normal temp.