Dizzy while sleeping on left. Why vertigo after that? Is it brain oxygen obstruction?

For the past three days I have been feeling dizzy only while sleeping on my left side. As soon as I slowly switch position to my right side is fine. I m a local Monterey County Fire Fighter. I went to a local hospital two weeks ago and they told me that I was experiencing vertigo . I m concerned about why is only happen when I m laying on my left side and fine when I lay on my right side. Also it would happen if i sleep laying on my back as well. A CT Scan and many blood work came back normal. I don t think that this is normal. I m a 57 year old hispanic male, taking Metropolol and lovastatin . My BP and glucose level are normal. I m concerned about an brain oxigen obstruction when laying on my left side or perhaps is related to an inner ear issue.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012