Dizzy spells since the cervical fusion C5-7. Is this common ?

I had a cervical fusion C5-7 on 11/12/12. Since then I have been having dizzy spells. Yesterday that dizzy spell resulted in passing out and a trip to the emergency room. My surgeon says that dizziness is not usually a symptom of that type of surgery but I have seen a lot of info. by googling and blogs that say that lots of people have had the same thing so I don t believe that I am alone or nuts! Since the dizzy spells didn t start until just after the surgery, I don t think it is a coincidence! Also, my doctor IS sending me for a vestibular test. I think that my current doctors are incorrect in their thinking. Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013