Dizzy spells, frequent shortness of breath. Put on steroids by mouth. What's wrong ?

My daughter is 16 years old. She is in the band and mascot at her school. She was told a few years ago she may have asthma . This summer she started having dizzy spells during band. Then, after a few weeks her chest would bother her. She would get hot and have shortness of breath. I took her to the doctor he put her on a steriod inhaler twice a day and use her albuterol inhaler as needed. Then, she had another attack. her chest tightened up. She could not breathe well. I took her to the hospital. The doctor at the er put her on steriods by mouth, vistaril , and sulcrafate. I need to know what is going on. What is triggering this? Who to take her to in order to find out? Can you help?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012