Dizzy spells and increased heart rate during bowel movements. Could this be due to GERD?

suffering dizzyspells, heart racing for hours. mainly when bowel movement takes place. Im over weight and have a enlarged heart andd various other illnesses but have suffer palpatations for over 20 years but now i cant continue on with it as it knocks me and ill be unwell and very tired for days after a episode often leading too more palpatations. Could this be GERD my doc has never mentioned this?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thank you for your query.
This can be GERD but also postprandial hypotension and other digestion disorders.AFter meal there are hormonal and methabolic changes which can cause your symptoms. You should eat more frequent but smalle meals and avoid food that trigger your symptoms such as alcohol, fats and high-sugar food. Eat more fruit and vegetables. I WIsh you good health.