Dizzy, lightheaded, brown discharge, negative pregnancy test. Could I be pregnant?

It s been a week that I missed my period. During that week I ve been feeling dizzy and light headed. Now I ve been having brown discharge for about two days now. At first I thought it was my period that was coming but it turned out to be brown discharged. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Do you think it was took soon? & can I be pregnant?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Normally Urine pregnancy test becomes positive 10 days after missed period. So as you have mentioned you have done it earlier. Blood HCG test can detect raised hormonal level earlier.
You can repeat your test again. Ultrasound of abdomen detects position of sac if present.

Spotting may be seen even in pregnancy due to implantation bleeding.
There are possibilities of conception, so repeat test again and get blood HCG test done.

Hope this helps you.