Dizzy, headache, pain in ears after being hit. See the doctor if pain worsens?

I got beat up pretty badly by my dad 2 days ago, he hitted me with the palm of his hands all arond my head including my ears and I still feel slightly dizzy and I have a little headache . The symptoms I experience are not that great but I still feel them and yesterday I felt extremely dizzy. I think my symptoms are getting better but I am not sure if I should just leave it how it is or if I should go to the ER. I got hit more than 10 times and I felt pain in my ears. Should I go to the ER even if the symptoms seems to become less intense ?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Since you have been slapped and following that you seem to have a shock kind of state which may manifest as giddiness and headache
It is very common in slaps and people do not realize that a slap can be that harmful.

Having said all this let me assure you that in almost 90 percent of the cases if properly treated you would not have any problem

Make sure you have an ENT consult and get a full examination of the drum and also perform an audiometry examination so that we can have a good measure in follow up.

Keep your ears completely dry and do not put drops, buds or water inside the ear
Avoid head bath for the next one week
Take a course of antibiotics and antihistamine in consultation with your doctor
Go for regular follow up
get a neurological consult also if the headache persists and also impress upon him to take a CT brain to be on the safer side

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan