Dizzy and nauseous after taking Amoxicillin for dental infection. Allergic reaction?

Hello, my husband had a strange thing happen at the dentist a few weeks ago. He went in for an implant on a Wed. He got 2 shots of local anesthetic because the first one didn t seem to be working/ strong enough. The dentist also found he had an infection under the crown next to the implant although he did not give my husband Amoxicillin until Friday. On Friday my husband went back to dentist for more local anesthetic and root canal . He came home around noon, ate lunch, and started Amoxicillin. From that evening he started feeling really dizzy and nauseous. On Sat he almost could not function; he was eating but almost vomited and he had to take a very long nap in the afternoon because he was just too dizzy. Slowly, over the weekend, he began to feel better and was able to drive and go to work on Mon. He kept taking Amoxicillin for 10 days. Does this seem like an allergic reaction or a toxicity from too much anesthetic? Reaction to PABA or some other chemical in anesthetic? Dentist seems to think it is an allergy to Amoxicillin .... but my husband has taken antibiotics before w/o such a reaction. Also, he began to feel strange on Thurs even BEFORE starting Amoxicillin.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012