Dizziness with feeling lightheaded. Trying to stop metroprolol. How long does it take to get the medicine out of the body? Have panic attacks

I have been on metoprolol for less than a month I am getting weaned off. How long will I feel crappy, dizzy, and lightheaded? Also how long does it take to be completely out of my system. I started on 1/21 with 25 mg two times a day. On 1/29 I was told to start 50 mg two times a day starting with my evening dose. This was making me feel horrible and very tired. On 2/5 I was dropped to 25 mg two times a day. Yesterday my cardiologist said he is weaning me off. Last night I took 12.5 mg and will have the same dosage two times today and two times tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday I will only have one dose of 12.5 mg. nothing on Monday. I was only prescribed this because I had a panic attack my hr was up to 140. The ER diagnosed me with svt. Saw my family dr a week later and my hr was 101. ( I was nervous to get results). He then doubled my dose. My cardiologist says my heart is strong and he sees no problems. I am just wondering if this type of weaning will make me feel worse and when can I expect to feel like me again?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013