Dizziness with fainting spells. Sudden weight gain. Fluctuating blood pressure levels

My 83 yr old mother has been having dizzy, feeling faint spells every few days. She is very weak and feels like she cannot get enough air. We have taken her to the er and now the doctors are running test. Her blood pressure is 101/62. She takes 2 types of BP pills and now the dr. has stopped the water pill all together until next app. in a wk. She is looking dehydrated. What could be the cause of her feeling this way. She has also gone from 130lbs. to 174 within a month
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012