Dizziness when sitting up. Taking aspirin and niacin. Should I take Meclizine?

I am fifty six years old. I take 320mg aspirin , followed by 1500mg Niacin , and have been doing so for years now. In the past two months, I have had three episodes, my head spinning when I sit up after I have been asleep. The first two went away within five mintues. The last one, last night, took quite awhile. I went back to sleep, so I do not know how long it would have taken. I told my doctor and he precribed Meclizine, 215mg. What say you?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012