Dizziness when lying or bending down. Possible circulation problems?

I don t know which specialist to ask, so I ll start with you. For the last week, I ve been having dizzy spells. The first occurred last Sunday, early in the morning. I got up to use the bathroom, and when I laid back down, my head started spinning out of control. Then yesterday, I was drying my hair and bent over to dry the back of my head. The spinning started immediately. I stood up and faced the mirror. I wondered if I was having a stroke . I could smile and lift my arms. It slowly subsided. It occurred again this morning when I laid back down on my bed, after a visit to the bathroom. It s a scary, out of control feeling. I am 64. I am concerned about possible circulation problems.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
The specialist you should consult is a neurophysicianThe problem u r facing is probably due to beningn paroxymal positional vertigo(B P P V).U need not be scared for this as this has good treatment with few life style postural modifications.It may also be due to pos.Kindly get ur blood pressurechecked in sitting n standing position to rule out postural hypotension